Today we are sharing the journey of Rohit Mittal who is a singer, guitarist, composer and a Chartered Accountant.
His journey is surely going to inspire you!!!
Rohit Mittal is not only a qualified Chartered Accountant from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) but he is also a – Singer.
After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant he started working at Jindal Stainless Steel Solutions, Delhi in their Finance team. He simultaneously also records videos for his Fans and sings at various events with his amazing band – The Village of Symphony.
He pursued Chartered Accountancy and completed the same as he wanted to be an – EDUCATED MUSICIAN.
His journey is proof that we all can pursue two professions.
Let us all support him and follow him on his FB page, Rohit Mittal.
Also if you need tips on pursuing singing along with Chartered Accountancy, Rohit is happy to help you.
My journey with music started since childhood. I won various awards at school and inter-school events. Constantly learning and getting better I carved my own path.
So as a kid I balanced singing and studies but things changed when I moved to Delhi to pursue Chartered Accountancy.
All this while music was just a passion and it took a backseat until I performed in one of the CA FINAL coaching class of Aaditya Jain Sir where I received a tremendous response from the audience.
That was the first time in my entire life I took my music seriously and a thought provoked to make a career out of it.
I again started my riyaz (singing practice) day in day out to bring a flow and improve my voice.
I started performing in various competitions, events, and occasions in Delhi and nearby areas. But due to imbalance, my studies suffered and I again put a break to music. Somehow I studied a lot and I managed to achieve my dream of becoming a Chartered Accountant.
So my Chartered Accountancy journey was tough no doubt but I worked really hard clearing CPT (1st level CA exam from ICAI) and IPCC (2nd level CA exam from ICAI) in the 1st attempt.
I cleared CA Final in the 2nd attempt as I got dengue in the 1st attempt. So when it came to my studies I did focus enough and cleared quickly.
I did the following:
- I used to study consistently for 10 – 12 hours daily. CA needs the willingness to study for long hours.
- Along with the nos of hours the ‘RIGHT MINDSET‘ is very important as well.
- Music helped me stay happy and motivated while studying. The fact that I could balance CA studies and Music has given me a great sense of joy and satisfaction.
BENEFIT OF PURSUING 2 CAREERS
- Today being a Chartered Accountant gives me the liberty to pursue my dream – To be a musician without any fear.
- I am working full time and also pursuing my career in Singing. The CA degree has given me great financial freedom, respect and confidence.
- Never suppress your desire because of studies.
- Non-availability of time is just an excuse to escape from the Hard Work. So never quit your hobby, keep it alive until you complete your primary goal i.e CA or any other course your pursuing – he concluded.
If you intend connecting to him do write at CA Rohit Mittal Page for inspiration.