An Inspirational Story of how CA Vinita overcame all difficulties and continued her CA studies so she could support herself and her daughter. She shares her journey from moving out of a bad marriage with a 1-month-old baby to completing her CA Studies.
“It has not been a smooth journey for me. I was an average student and I completed my CA Inter (2nd level CA Exam which is now known as IPCC) in 2005. Due to family pressure, I got married in 2006 and was blessed with a daughter in 2007.
My in-laws were unhappy as I gave birth to a girl. In fact, when I got married I was harassed for dowry as well. Due to all these issues, my marriage did not work out and we separated in 2007 when my daughter was only 1 month old. It was then that I realized the only solution for bringing up my daughter and giving her a good life was to complete my CA studies and become a Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA).
I got the strength to pursue CA studies again when I used to see my 1-year-old innocent daughter sleeping beside me. My family took care of my daughter while I used to study for my exams. It was a challenging phase in my life to devote more time to my studies than her. My daughter has grown up seeing her Mom always piled up with books :-). Sometimes she used to crawl on me while I use to study. Also, I did not get any support from my husband/ inlaws financially so I knew I had to be financially independent. That kept me going.
My family was and is my source of strength and support. They kept motivating me and pushing me at every failure. At last, I cleared CA Final Group 1 in May 2008 and gained my confidence back. Now I was sure to clear CA Final Group 2 as well and I did. I was finally a Chartered Accountant (CA). It was a turning point in my life.
Studying, bringing up a baby and listening to the 100 things society has to say has never been easy. When everything was going wrong, qualifying as a CA was the only thing that could save me. The so-called society demotivated me by passing comments that I was incapable and I should drop my exams and start working to support my child. But my father insisted that I have to clear my CA exams no matter how many attempts I take. He told me – Do not worry about the society and stay focused on your CA studies.
I have worked very hard to become a CA. Today my daughter is 11 years old and I am able to support her and myself really well.
Few things which CA students should always keep in mind:
- Focus on the Goal is very important
- Determination and Hard Work can only bring you Success
- Every time you fail don’t get disheartened. Get up and forget the past and start studying for your future.
- Always remember Failures are the Stepping Stones to Success
- Make ‘I CAN‘ your greatest resolution
- Be Mentally Strong
- Last but not the Least God is there – He will definitely pay you for your Hard Work.
- No one will ask you the nos of attempts once you become a CA and get your first job.
- Advice to all the WOMEN out there – Do not give up your dreams for the sake of society. If I was not a CA I might have had a difficult life depending on my parents.
- Also, believe me, once you become a CA all those people who demotivated you will get an answer about your capability. So GET UP and GET GOING on your Goals,” she concluded.
P:S: CA Vinita can be reached at email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org